ShareThis

Friday, October 23, 2009

Macro Workshop

Macro workshop for beginners/intermediate macro photographers.

When : Feb 13, 2011 (Sunday)...and most Saturday and/or Sunday. Contact me for more info.
Where : KL...exact location will be disclosed via PM to participants.
Time : 9 am to 3 pm

What you'll learn: natural light macro, full flash macro, useful tips and lots of hands-on, and post processing tips using CS3 and Adobe Camera Raw.

Lunch provided. Bring your own laptop if you have one. Optional.

Fee : RM120, minimum two to start. No more than 5.
Payment: bank in/transfer to my MayBank account then PM me. Account # will be PMed to you.)

Prerequisite: participant should preferably have a macro lens, or full set of tubes or a Raynox DCR-250. Feel free to ask me about this if you are not sure. Those who are interested, please PM me your equipment list: camera, macro lens(es), speedlight or dedicated macro flash, tripod.

I have a DIY Snoot Diffuser (for 100mm/90mm range. It will fit the SB900 too) and 580EX II to loan to you if are using Canon camera. Only one though so only for the first one who asks for it :)

Things to bring:
 - drinking water
- sun hat
- insect repellent. I normally just wear long sleeves shirt and long pants though, crocs shoes and socks. I tuck in my pants so the ants or leeches can't get in. Not all types of socks will work to keep the leeches out. However, no leeches at this location.
- tripod (optional) I will bring mine to demo to you.
- your camera, macro lens and/or dcr250 and/or extension tubes, camera manual (just in case we need to check out some functions)

Diffuser for your reference:

Recommended one:

Quick and easy one

But don't worry as I will loan you my snoot diffuser and the 580EX II (only for the first one to sign up).

Some recommended reading:

Full flash photography:
Flash exposure compensation:
Natural Light photography:

Don't worry if you have no time to read because I will briefly explain the essence to you during the workshop.

All shot with a Canon 40D, Canon MP-E65 1X-5X macro lens and MT-24EX Twin Flash.

Face to Face with a Robber .......IMG_8941 copy

IMG_7861 copy

Messy Moth (IMG_8046 copy)

All shot with Canon MP-E65 1X-5X macro lens and MT-24EX Twin Flash

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails